There are some things (many) that I am not good at, that I see other moms doing effortlessly. (Or seemingly effortlessly)
Here’s a short list where my “skills” are lacking:
- Shopping with kids.
- Staying at home with kids – Designing, decorating, styling. (All aspects of all of these)
- Home schooling
- Volunteering at school
I just look at these moms that can do some or all of these things like WOW!! I’m in awe.
Do you ever compare yourself to these Supermoms? I used to. But now I focus on my strengths. I have enough confidence in my gifts that I don’t get envious or jealous. Like:
- I can make an awesome green smoothie.
- I always have a healthy snack in my purse.
- I can design a workout anywhere anytime.
- I know how to talk anyone down from any ledge. Literally.
- I can turn around a situation and always find the positives.
- I can make anyone feel better about any situation.
- I make people feel good and comfortable.
- Nothing feels too hard for me.
- I believe anything’s possible.
My strengths may look different than most moms. We all have strengths, and guess what … we all have weaknesses. When we focus on our strengths, and try and show up as the best mom we can be, not better than anyone else, not trying to show up like that mom or that mom, everyone wins!
Just do you!!
What do you do really well?
Share some of your strengths below.